Comments By Smart C.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/black-pete-nose.jpg avatar
  • Smart C.
  • 8 months, 4 weeks ago
  • Comments:

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime..Do you need your SS card or not???

Well there are options for the right to work part. I have my birth certificate for that purpose.

Yes - and not a copy or laminated. ORIGINAL CARD.

It is kinda required by federal law to prove a right to work also.

Rick

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime..Do you need your SS card or not???

Hi guys,

As I have mentioned before, my recruiter has blatantly told me that my social security card is absolutely not necessary for orientation. I'm en route now. I have just now discovered a page on Prime's site that I have never seen before. It states you need the card in order to test for your permit. Are there any recent grads who can let me know what's really up?

Posted:  4 months, 2 weeks ago

Hired by US Xpress

Why did you get sent home??

Posted:  5 months ago

Prime MVR Standards

My point was Smart C, the image you are projecting here is exactly what I wrote. So please in person, dont harp on all the negativity and go with the flow. I was trying to give you insight into what others will see if you act this way in person.

I spent hours emailing and having phone conversations with perspective students before finally taking them to dinner before getting on my truck.

One perspective student who didnt know I was supposed to be taking her told me, "Once i pass my exam tomorrow and get a trainer, I am telling them we are both CDL holders and equal. I am not being told what when, and how. Just get me my 30k miles and I am done."

Would you take a person like that??? After laughing, I walked away.

Whether or not a company puts emphasis on your short comings has a lot to do with your attitude and how you accept bad news. Your reaction shows how you will react with customers. You come across in writing as a very nervous person which does not fair well in trucking.

As Splitter said, take a deep breath and calm down.

And your posts about menial minimum wage jobs was indeed insulting to anyone who needed and performed them. The way YOU wrote the comments implied they are beneath you.

Go to orinetation. Remain calm, and study the High Road and Pretrip.

good luck

Thanks

Posted:  5 months ago

Prime MVR Standards

Thank you G-Town & Rainy. The more he responds the deeper the hole gets. Like I said earlier, have fun. But while you're busy pointing the finger at all of us. There's 3 fingers pointing back at you. Good luck.

No one is pointing fingers buddy.

Yeah because your responses have been so perfect. In your previous post, you wrote "were not here to understand you". You kind of have to understand the situation to answer a question. You also accused me of pointing fingers. What? No. You are very imaginative.

Posted:  5 months ago

Prime MVR Standards

Hour. Were not here to understand you or get to know you. The more you get caught up in that diatribe you just posted? The more difficult your time out here will become. Many have asked you to, detach from yourself, take a deep breath & go back and read your comments as a outsider.

You know what, I'm out of this. You have fun.

The only reason I bought that up is because of her conclusion on preferring not not train a "person like me"...all the while her description of the type of person she thought I was, was off. I didnt say anyone was here to get to know me. Why are you so hell bent on being negative about every single thing I say...Jesus.

Posted:  5 months ago

Prime MVR Standards

I had 2 moving violations, 20 over the limit [reckless driving] & improper lane change. I had a criminal record with 4-5 incidents that occurred 30 years ago

Smart C.... Splitter told me all of this about himself and I still agreed to training him for the 30k mile TNT portion because he had the right attitude. He admitted his faults and was eager to learn. When I explained things to him he understood and thought about it. When my FM asked me about his training and if he should upgrade i told him Splitters a hard worker. I knew he would run hard and they would both make money. He can work independently and not need to be spoon fed his daily chores.

As a trainer, I couldn't have someone like you on my truck. You would drive me crazy. If i tell you to slow down, downshift, or put your jakes on, i dont want an argument. Just reading your posts makes me feel like every little thing would be a hassle and 2 months of that in a rolling closet? ....forget it. Trainers do not have to accept students. I have refused students based on their personality and attitude. My last comment got cut off, but "Not Prime material" has been given as a reason to send people home who met all of the requirements but could not get along with others.

If someone upgrades from my truck, they go on my FMs board. There is no way in heck i would want you driving him crazy every day with your negativity and perhaps OCD. The more time you waste calling or messaging my FM, the less time he has to send me loads. Plus he would probably be like "Why did you send me this guy?" and might get annoyed with me because of it.

Orientation is just one hurdle. You are having such issues with this one basic thing. As a trainer, I would be concerned of how you handle the pressure of driving a 75 ft long vehicle in Chicago, Los Angeles or Atlanta traffic... backing across lanes of busy streets between utility poles. As a team trainer, I do sleep during portions of the student's drive shift. I wouldnt trust you enough to sleep at all.

Then there are the posts you made about "lowly type of menial jobs" no one should care about. That attitude shows you have no work ethic or pride. It shows not only did you not care about yourself or those who offered you employment, but you would have no respect for me or my personal belongings on MY truck. It sounds like you would be the type to complain if we had to shower at night instead of first thing in the morning or if you got grease on you while climbing under a trailer.

Please consider the things we have said. Go back and re read all of the treads you made over the past couple of months. Try to look at them objectively. I am not trying to be mean. But as a trainer, this is how i would see you if you behave this way in person or on the phone.

I'm worried about being sent home!!!!!!! I'm not OCD in general. The post about no one caring about a type of job is just how people talk in college/career fairs. Ultimately, I plan on going to grad school. I get told all the time what people in *certain professions* will and wont care about concerning past jobs/my resume. Prospective employers have told me point blank, that they don't care that I got fired from a grocery store because I stayed in my dorm studying for Finals all week. You are taking it the wrong way as you have for most of what I have said. I feel you have me (almost) all wrong. Especially about work ethic...trust me. I put in my two weeks notice today in fact and my bosses almost cried. My proffesors were delighted to give me great letters of recommendation for grad school. You might be right about the shower part however. I can adjust though. I respect that you have been in the industry for a while and are also a trainer.

However, I don't think you should come to the conclusion that you wouldn't train someone based on posts in a forum, not having met them yet. I realise this because I think (know) your opinion of me would be atleast moderately differnt if you got to know me.

Posted:  5 months ago

Prime MVR Standards

What was the moving violation in the last 4 yrs? that could matter.

No matter what we say, you wont believe us, so book your bus ticket and go. Otherwise, if you keep delaying, they will make you fill another application if you dont go within 30 days of the first one. That means those really hard employment issues all over again. Fill out a few apps over a few months and they see you as a flake and may not return your calls. Recruiters move to people who will go, not ones who just talk about it.

I've never not believed you. Any followup questions/comments are for better understanding for you all and myself. Anyway, I already had to update the application. I also just paid the admin fee...so I am now scheduled for orientation. I have backup companies in place. I just really want to be with Prime. The moving violation was the speeding ticket in 2015.

Posted:  5 months ago

Prime MVR Standards

Hi guys,

I've asked questions about Primes hiring process is the past, mainly employment verification. Now, however, I'm slightly concerned about my driving record even though I've already been approved for orientation. I've read in other posts/forums of the safety manager (?) Making a different decision than the recruiter and disqualifying the applicant.

If this is true, how common is it? Are the incidents on the MVR the only things considered once at orientation? Or does a background check go further back? Not gonna to lie, my first car was a BMW, and I have one now. I was very crazy with it when I first got my licence. Plenty of speeding tickets, some reckless. I have matured a great deal. I haven't got a speeding ticket since 2015. No reckless since around 2012. Only one moving violation in the last 4 years. I'm still worried because of how bad I started off. Should I be?

Posted:  5 months, 1 week ago

Tablets on the roads

I use a tablet, and my laptop, along with my Xbox 1.

My tablet is primarily used as a GPS, eReader, and I store all my Transflo pictures on it.

My laptop is primarily my music /video editing platform.

And my Xbox, well, that is for gaming, and Netflix.

My Xbox is used the least, mainly during resets. I am mostly on my tablet, and my laptop, working on my music, each day.

Are you allowed to have your tablet in your hand while driving?

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

Hey Smart C.......good-luck.gif May want to change that initial to an “A”. I’m out.

What? The C is short for something

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

It literally took less than a minute to find this:

How to get old W2s

You dont know my situation.

Because your situation is uniquely different from the countless others before you? C'mon, you gotta try harder than that.

Yeah..and it took me less than a minute. I already knew the information. It takes too long. Again, you dont know me or my situation.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

Smart C, you are incredibly hung up on this verification thing. Is there anything you don't want them to see? If it's something they asked for, you better tell them. You need to go on the assumption that they will find it.

It's already been perfectly explained to you, yet you're still not getting it.

As long as you told the complete truth on your application you should have nothing to fear now that you've been invited to orientation. 3yr, 10yr, whatever. It doesn't matter, as long as you told the truth on your application.

The verification process, whether perfunctory or in-depth, is simply verifying the answers you gave on the application. If you omitted something from the time period they asked for and they find it, you're done.

If the application asked you for a 3-year history, you better have given a complete history for those 3 years. The same applies if they asked for a 10 year history. They are going to verify that you told the truth. As Jrod mentioned, they may not necessarily care about the specifics, only that you're telling the truth about it. Nobody expects perfection, they expect honesty.

It absolutely has not been perfectly explained. Recruiting had a hard time getting a hold of someone for verification multiple times for orientation. They wanted more info during that simple process .Now I'm being told that an even more in depth verification has to be done when I get there. ** I don't want to be in an impossible situation.** If they need someone else to call for instance...I don't want to have to depend on people to pick up phones. It's different when I'm still here at home. I can drive to whoever it is and tell them to pick up the darn phone. I can go and look for additional paperwork. I can have paperwork sent to me and just postpone orientation.

And yes, I was completely honest. No, I have nothing to hide. I provided 3 years of history, everything included. Which again was a pain to get verified. So if for some reason if that were to switch to say 10 or even 5 years work history once I'm there, I'm likely screwed. People in the thread are telling me I need a SS card. My recruiter specifically told me all I needed was my birth certificate. I was an Accounting major, so I'm all about attention to detail..its how I'm wired.

Then why not show up with ten years verifiable information to be on the safe side? DUH. We’ll be standing by to answer the same questions again.

Because I don't have it. I don't have w2s that old. Some of those business are also out of business. It's not a DUH. You dont know my situation.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

It's already been perfectly explained to you, yet you're still not getting it.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

Hi and welcome Skadoosh.

The raised seal refers to a government recorded copy, not a hospital certificate. We have a couple members here born outside the US so perhaps they can chime in. My guess would be your naturization documents would work.

As for the continued question of work verfication...so.many people apply and even set appointments for orientation but then dont show up. it is a waste of time and money to process everyone. Therefore they do preliminary checks before you arrive.

Once you get to orientation and go through the physical drug test and contract...you go through all of the application papers again. You sit in an interview discussing your past jobs, criminal and driving history in a face to face one on one interview. This is after the work, criminal, and driving history is run more in depth verficiations.

Smart C keeps.thinking it is done once, but it isnt. We have discussed this with hom on other threads. And the driver is asked in person to confirm or discuss anything omitted. Some of these checks cost a lot of money and they do t waste it on people who are not guaranteed to show. Some of it is just to see how one reacts. If they did a cheap report before you came.and it says "Manager at Sears" but you get there and never mentioned Sears they are going to want to know why.

As for your case, remember you will need one year driving in the US before you can start. good luck.

What exactly do you mean by "work and driving history is verified more in depth? Especially driving. What else about my driving record needs to be verified?? Are you saying they take our word in the initial application about our history and then look at our actual MVR upon arrival?

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

As a recruiter, I can tell you that 98% I don't care what happened to you at Jimmy Johns. or QuikTrip. Or ShopKo. Especially if you were in school.

Unless it is something that reflects on a bigger issue - drug/alcohol use, violence, or chronically repeated issues of time management issues, but that's a stretch.

DO THEY CARE IF YOU'VE BEEN FIRED FROM NON DRIVING JOBS? What do they ask employers when they call? Also it is indeed 10 years at orientation regardless of commercial experience....

Who are you a recruiter for? I not really worried about what happens during the recruiting process. As Rainy has mentioned, that past is essentially irrelevant considering a "more in depth verification" is done at Prime.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

When I went to prime I had retired from medical field and had driven a school bus for 5 years. I expected no problems with my employment. On my third day there my recruiter called said she couldn’t verify my employment cause no one was answering phone. Yea, it summertime they are closed. I do my taxes online so I sent her 3 years of w-2 and that was the end of it. Just be prepared.

So you went to orientation even though your employment verification wasn't complete?

Yes they tell everything is good. But the real background check is once u sign giving them permission.

I meant employment verification though. The background check is criminal history. There's no employment stuff on the background check from what I understand.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago

Prime' s employment verification/background...being sent home

I was approved for Prime's orientation. We'll see what happens. Looks like all I need is a birth certificate. That seems so contradictory to what has been said in the past. "Jumjng through hoops", once you're there is what I've heard countless times. If so, I won't be able to jump very well.

You were only invited to orientation. The entire orientation and training process is an interview.

You need your social security card, your birth certificate with a state raised seal (many bring the hospital one and get sent home), paper from your bank for direct deposit, and any medical records (blood pressure, sleep apnea, medication and OTC list etc). Show up without these, and the hoops begin.

I personally recommend the last few paychecks and the last 3 years W2. Why? cause i ha e witnesses time and time again students going frantic on calls cause they didnt bring them.And after i got there...even though i already emailed them, i was asked again. But i had them.

When you get to Prime you will fill out another paper application (the paper to which i was referring). Yes they will compare what you wrote online to what you write for any and all inconsistencies. They catch liars this way constantly. They will do an in depth background check. Orientation usually eliminates 50-70% of those who arrive.

Yes, companies are indeed permitted to ask "is this person eigible for rehire". Your DAC after you are in trucking will even state why you are not eligible for rehire example "Failure to obey company policy".

Good luck.

Sorry, I didn't understand the part about pay stubs and W2s. My recruiter told me I didn't need them. I gave her a co workers number to verify employment. All I have is one year of W2s. This is what I'm talking about. My employment has already been verified. My recruiter has assured me I'll be fine. And now you're saying I should have 3 years of W2s? I view you as a very credible source...so now I'm a little confused once again.

Posted:  5 months, 2 weeks ago