Comments By GrayBeardinPA

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0508233001568244349-86306.jpg avatar

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Bullitt's New Journey

I did a thing today. I passed my CLP test. 😁 Finally, I can head off to training. Ill keep you updated, about when.

Nice start to the holiday season this way.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Looking for Recommendations.

Wilson runs I-5 corridor and western 11. Their terminal is right by PDX.

Knight’s terminal is in troutdale. They run I-5 also.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Hi folks, from Fort Sill, Ok and good morning this Sunday!

I like the Volvo FH460 mid lift.

Posted:  1 year, 2 months ago

Friday Short Haul - Tyson's mirrorless trucks, Brake Safety Week results, 14-hour pilot program comments

Daimler in Europe runs mirror-cams on some of their Actros trucks. There are youtube reviews on them fwiw.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Walmart Truckers Score $100 Million Lost Wages Victory In Court

You did say 5 years, must be a plan.

I never write on here but instead of criticizing the drivers for Walmart and there whining, we should join them on that same demand with all the other companies. WE SHOULD ALL GET PAID FOR GUARDING THEIR FREIGHT AND MORE!!!

That's a start... we have more power if we demand together.

"WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! FIGHT THE POWER!"

Every five years this comes around. The last time was about 8 months ago, so your either late, or very early.

OMG. Smells like socialism to me.

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Rookie Solo Adventure, thoughts, questions, vent, and ramble.

Spoon, sorry to see this end for you.

I hope you can answer this ( or anyone else).....On your Costco Heavy account, did you deliver to the PDX area?

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Got bucked off the bronco (I flipped), taking some time to recover, and getting back in the saddle!

Jay. You still around? Any updates?

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Bullitt's New Journey

smile.gif

Smile smile smiles this week.

Birth certificate - done

CLP PA knowledge test authorization - done today

I came home to find my renewed Passport in the mail box - nice

I like getting things done.

Now to study and take my written tests. So I get to school!!!

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Two year old speeding ticket 24 will anyone hire ?

Wrong.

3 years. Was your license suspended? Any other tickets in the last 3 years? Did you have to take a class. 25 over is a lot. Look through the company reviews on here. You’ll get an idea of what your going to have to deal with.

How fast is the speed limit on the game nterstate?? Did you get to go to traffic school?? Your probably fine!

I received a speeding ticket two years and eight months ago I was going 70 in a 45 on the interstate. I’m trying to go through a company that helps you get your CDL plus training I was wondering would anyone hire me being that this is the only thing on my record at all?

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Bullitt's New Journey

Thank you for following.

I'm headed to PennDOT on Friday with my CLP application and self-cert form. PennDOT will give me a KTA (Knowledge Test Authorization) form. This form is used to tell PennDOT what Class, restriction removals, and endorsements I intend to pursue/test for.

Next week, I'll be reviewing and studying up on anything that needs work. Thereafter, test for permit.

And off to school in November, I hope.

Good! About time to get after this thing wholeheartedly, Bullitt!

Still following your journey.

good-luck.gif

Posted:  1 year, 3 months ago

Bullitt's New Journey

10/13/20.

I reordered my birth cert end of sept. I finally got an tracking number today and they re overnighting it.

I finally can test for my CLP soon and get to training.

Rays of sunshine poking through a cloudy year.

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

Freightliner Cascadia started getting check in when goes up the hill

Check the fuel filter and or air cleaner?

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

Freightliner Cascadia started getting check in when goes up the hill

Have the shop pull the codes and they will tell ya. Are you company driver or o/o?

Posted:  1 year, 4 months ago

How do you renew a new mexico cdl permit

I googled CLP NM DMV, It led to this link Schedule an appointment

You need to schedule an Appointment online. You can renew once within a 2 year period.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

I want my click back!

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

13’6” clearance!!!

Tell me about it. Especially those old septa rail overpasses. It seems once a month a truck gets stuck under one.

PS possibly meet up and chat sometime? Email me at tradewindvw@gmail

Just curious because I live in the Philly area and see a lot of overpasses listed at 13’6” As well as many shorter ones which I know could not be driven under

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Rookie Solo Adventures of a Knuckle Draggin Primate (Rob D.)

Nice!

I would love to do Marine/boat transport one day. I dream of delivering yachts one day.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Birth Certificate and Passport Processing delay woes during Covid. :(

Yeah, i wish it was that easy for me. I would have to travel over 700 miles to do it in person.

I do not know what Vitalchek is, I was just saying I know on Monday I could go to my county courthouse and for $10 or $15 could have a copy of my birth certificate.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Birth Certificate and Passport Processing delay woes during Covid. :(

In order to use Vitalchek, you need birth information beforehand. Counties use Vitalchek for out of state online requests. Expedited passport requests are on hold to due covid unless death and some other emergency.

I’m giving of what the picture is now due to Covid and Real ID demand.

If you know where you were born, what hospital or what county, it is as easy as going to that county seat and getting a copy for about $10. Your birth certificate is already a public record. As for getting a passport that can all be done online but does take time. In the past is a passport was needed in a hurry for travel or other reasons, contacting your representative or senator what get you in touch with someone to help speed process.

Posted:  1 year, 5 months ago

Birth Certificate and Passport Processing delay woes during Covid. :(

This is a heads up to anyone needing proof of citizenship for licensing/employment needs.

Due to Covid and read ID demand. Vitalchek is having long processing times on Birth Certificates. I’ve been waiting over a month for mine. When I recently checked my status, they canceled my order. Getting through to customer service took a while too. ( I was born in Chicago, and now live in the Philadelphia ‘burbs)

When, I learned of my Birth Cert cancellation, I mailed in my renewal for my Passport (It expired earlier this year). Thankfully the office renewal is just in Philly, so my check cleared a few days after I mailed it. Now to wait for Passport.

Make sure that you have your proof of citizenship. If you need it, you better start the process because you might end up with unexpected delays.

PS I’m heading to my parents house today, to see if I can search for my birth certificate. I don’t remember them giving it to me. So there’s a chance it’s there.