I have indeed seen these type of questionnaires before so it's legit. You guys can feel free to answer those if you have a minute.
2. They do what they say, keep me moving best they can.
3. One year
4. Drivers that are always complaining, blaming everyone else for their shortcomings rather than what they could do differently. Drivers who park in fuel lines and everywhere else around a truck stop when there are available spaces.
5. Always be alert and aware of your surroundings, understand trucks capabilities and don't listen to the whiners, a majority of their problems are due to themselves. (Being late for appt times, not trip planning properly, turning down loads, having generally poor attitude)
Here are my responses to your questions:
1. I drive for Kansas Trucking LLC and KST Inc. Both companies fall under the same umbrella of ownership/management but the former serves the construction industry and the latter is a contracted service provider for FedEx Ground. While I operate on both sides as a company driver, I have been strictly running one of our FedEx rigs since late last year and just got approved to be one of their trainers. I have been with Kansas Trucking for four years.
2. What I like most about the company as a whole is that I have a lot more freedom with them than what I have experienced elsewhere over the years. Boss tells me when and where to be somewhere and that is all I hear form the office unless something comes up. I also earn more money with them than what I had elsewhere.
3. I have been driving commercial vehicles for over ten years. Class A for three.
4. I dislike being stuck out on the road when I am suppose to be home. Doesn't happen very often where I am at thankfully, but it does happen from time to time.
5. A positive attitude along with the ability to safely and proficiently operate a rig can take you far in this industry.
Good luck with your class!
Thank you so much for the speedy replies, exactly what I needed. My final exams and 3rd party skills/road tests are next week so it really is crunch time for me. Wish me luck, and thanks again!
New! Check out our help videos for a better understanding of our forum features
Hello, I'm new here, found you guys a while ago but havn't been on much. I am in the process of taking a CDL Class, almost finished but I need to interview a few drivers in the industry to pass the class, and with work, school, and massive projects the teachers have been handing out I havnt had alot of time to just go cruising for drivers. This community seems to be fairly positive so I was hoping you would be willing to help me out. Really I just need the questions below answered in the next two or three days by two or three people. Thanks in advance!
1 - What company do you work for and hpow long have you been with this company? 2 - What do you like about your company? 3 - How long have you been driving a truck? 4 - What do you dislike about truck driving? 5 - What advice would you give a student just entering truck driving?
I really need this to pass my class and get my PTDI certificate and a good grade, I appreciate it!
Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
A CDL is required to drive any of the following vehicles: