Profile For Mike C.

Mike C.'s Info

Bay St. Louis, MS

Preparing For School

7 years, 7 months ago

Mike C.'s Bio

Retired Army Vet ready to start a new career.

Best Bank? BOA or Well Fargo?

Since I'm a vet, I went with USAA. No fees and lots of partnered ATM locations.

David - USAA owns everything I own....I like the money they give me back every year for being a member.

Ontop of this they reimburse your atm charges monthly-bimonthly it fluctuates.

Is long-haul driving health a serious issue?

Very true but depending on make it will switch to outside automatically after 20ish min.

Central Vs. Swift

I'm in the same boat with u all maintenance did for me is bring a BMFH and wack away. Quick trick though has worked most of the time release trailer (with tractor still engaged) wait 7-10min (so jump to line 2 lol) engage trailer again and quickly get back there and try it.

Best noise reduction bluetooth phone headset earpiece thingy?

Blue Tiger is pricey but a great investment it's like craftsman if it breaks any which way contact them they send u a new plus packaging to send them the broken one👍

A big thank you to everyone at trucking truth.com

It's going to be in the e-mail you provided when signed up. Check the spam as well

Truck Driver Training Stabbing

Mike C. Can you paste the link or article that states the company? Actually that company is close to me- I live in Missouri and I believe their home office is in Nebraska. I've thought about working for them.

Now don't believe everything on the internet but "they" say.Link stating company

Truck Driver Training Stabbing

They're saying it was Werner. Crazy stuff but, you never know nowadays people afraid to take a whooping.

Drive-Train?

We had a student that had to test out at that drive train for SWIFT. They have recruiters that come daily there to grab newbies so there are multiple options from there. It seems like a relaxed environment as well not the military feel of others.

Need help with truck driving school will pay back

Wow really? SMDH

Does anyone know how long it wold take a team to get 140000 miles(estimate conservatively Please or best guess or worse scenario ????????????

I was at memphis academy in June as well, true that the instructors is short, true that you would be sent home before road training, and head of academy stated that.

But, suck it up buttercup I went home for two weeks and came back you have to deal with adversity! Did my road training last week knocked it out the park, then road instructor quits that Friday without notice. Gave them a heads up about what was happening.

Was suppost to DMV monday tester pushed back to Tuesday, makes me not able to Orientation on Tuesday. Now, sitting in hotel till Monday for Orientation. Just deal with the issues and adjust fire.

The academy is getting alot better they got rid of BAD instructors and rebuilding. Almost back to normal don't worry if you're heading there well worth it.

Starting a new chapter with SWIFT

It's been a while since I've posted sorry for that. Well, there were multiple different drivers that offered me their sleeper and word got around everywhere about that situation, I was like the horror story for the new classes after me lol.. I have to say I'm very thankful that I came across this site after all the studying I did prior to getting there made my Permit test a breeze. Started up a study group with my permit class focusing on your training course. And, because of this my permit class was the first they had that all passed first try. Which gave me the time to focus on behind the wheel backing this big beast and also how to use a clutch first timer lol. Once I had the jest of it instructor comes up and says who wants to test early thought well if I don't make it I'll have extra time to work on what I haven't got down. Jumped in the seat and rolled it in the box time after time knocked it out the park. Had 3 extra days without pressure to be able to work on what I needed to get more solid on. So, now I'm at the house they told me could be 4 weeks before I can come back and do the driving portion before my CDL test grrr.. Left upset that the gap is so long but understandable since they had a big issue with instructors and now only had 4 at the time I was there but the number is growing. So, yesterday while dropping the kids off to the porcelain throne get a call that last week starts for me Monday so ready but nervous as hell as well. Fingers crossed that by next Friday I'm officially licensed.

Starting a new chapter with SWIFT

Well, quite a day I must say. Get to destination and wait outside for over 2hrs dispatch never alerted driver until I called back a second time logistics can't get frustrated.

Driver looks over frustrated and saddened so, I knew something was coming. Hotel is packed no rooms takes me onsite and does all he can...

Comes back head low dun dun dun. Come out of pocket for room they will reimburse don't like that thought because I'm not even on payroll with logistics I've been hit with out the gate. So, I'm going to attempt to get a few zzz's in the driver lounge lol.

Catch and stop white bus that will be driving by lounge sometime around 5. That's the Academy and let them know the situation. But, hey I can't get mad what would that accomplish. So, this is the start to my new career. See what the morning will bring...lol

And C.S. I'll take that comment whole heartedly lol..

T.B.C.

Starting a new chapter with SWIFT

I want to thank everyone for the massive amounts of knowledge that is within reach on this site. As I'm writing, this grey dog is bumping me down the road towards Memphis.

The cdl training provided here has given me the confidence to go ahead and leap.. T.B.C.