Comments By Army

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/avatars/0501839001558374642-78545.jpg avatar
  • Army
  • Comments:

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

My return to work

Congrats. Safe travels and keep us updated when you have time.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Swift PHX part-time academy

Gotta like that student to instructor ratio.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

This Was Way Cool - A Chance Meeting!

Yes I remember Splitter wanting to do that non profit driving. I am glad that he did that. When I have more time and such, I want to get involved in volunteering. I am sure you either have a great memory Rainy or a people in your dungeon scribe notes incase your truck gets inspected lol....thanks for the reminder. I have been on here for a while and I believe ran into a snag with possibly driving when I retire. I got a new script that I need to see if it disqualifies me, but either way I am gonna hang around for a while longer.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Not sure what company to go with

Nice, sounds like a good plan. Incase you don't know Wil-Trans pulls Prime Trailers.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Swift PHX part-time academy

Sounds like things are going well.

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Not sure what company to go with

He likes his choice. They keep him moving and treat him well.

I am surprised you say you submitted the apps over a week ago, and haven't gotten anything back. Most people, including myself started getting responses within hours. Do you have something on your driving record, or criminal past that is causing an issue?

Posted:  11 months, 1 week ago

Not sure what company to go with

Welcome

There are many great company sponsored schools. My son started with WIL-Trans this past February, and he is 21.

Paid CDL Training Programs

High Road CDL Training Program

I know brett was updating the list of companies that provide paid training. Good Luck. We have many experienced drivers that will give you solid advice.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

This Was Way Cool - A Chance Meeting!

Nice, Splitter has kinda gone radio silent on the forum, glad to hear he is driving and presumably doing well.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

My journey with Wilson Logistics/Jim Palmer

Matthew

Congrats on your first day. My son went through there program starting this past Feb, and even with a couple of minor speed bumps, he is doing well and enjoys the company. They seem to keep him moving, and take good care of him. Best of continued success and keep us posted.

Chris

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Searching for the mystery company

The list made me believe this was our infamous "Todd" lol.... no forced dispatch....college reimbursement that "benefit" the company. What would that be, and that is an honest question?

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

Forgot to hit “go”

0134936001570218890.jpg

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Postcards from the Road! (Post Yours Please!)

I was out with one of our flight crews logging some hours. What a great day. We circled her at about 550 feet. I am sure our Blackhawk is in someone’s photo that feels just as cool as I do getting these kind of pictures.

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Eye Candy

Not trucking Eye Candy... but I was out having fun today and thought I would share.

0859429001570210835.jpg

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Crete Carriers - Considering The Company

Jamie

Hope you get the job you want. I have seen a lot of Crete trucks out and about. They seem to have nice looking equipment. I suppose I could search for the answer, but I will ask, what do they haul?

Best of Luck Chris

Posted:  11 months, 2 weeks ago

Swift PHX part-time academy

Why do none of my paragraph breaks ever show up on the published article?

You have to hit the spacebar twice.

Took me

Two years

To figure

That out!

rofl-2.gifrofl-2.gif

rofl-3.gif

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

Starting with Wilson Logistics

Phantom

Glad your driving is going well. My Son is in "maybe" his 5th month solo with Wilson's. He loves it, dragging a reefer around this great country. I try to get him on this site, since I am the one who told him this job might be good for him. He hasn't been back out to the northeast since he left for school in February. He is taking some home time sometime this month. As with all things, your current situation will pass. Just stay focused and be safe

Chris

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

Recently separated veterans

Welcome. I am too considering a trucking career. I am almost done with my 20 years of service. The only thing I would think you should consider is, save your GI Bill (if you are considering using it), and go to through a paid cdl program. That way, if it is something you don't really like after a few years, then you still have your GI Bill to use.

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

Okay I am in utter need of help!!! I have been out, you guess it 2.5 years...ugh.

For one you definitely dont know what your talking about. 1. I was terminated, 2nd I asked if he thought I was ready, 3rd I got out more than most people to check my rear end. Remember only 2 of those was backing up. And your a rookie solo and so you dont have enough experience to really speak up. Let the more experience talk. Thanks. You need to quite being judgemental too.

Yes, I am a rookie. Can you guess how many preventables I have? None backing up and none going forward.

You put your business on the internet and then get upset when people tell you the truth. It may be negative, but it's still the truth. You call it judgemental, but it's not. It's letting the evidence speak for itself. You'd think you'd learn after your first preventable, but nope you went and got 4 more.

Take care, Victor. I hope you figure it out but I doubt you will.

Nice advice and reply Banks. You keep driving your doubles and triples and let Victor squabble, complain, blame others, while you crank out the miles. This guy sounds toxic. I don't think he deserves to get behind the wheel of a 18 Wheeler.

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

FedEx Freight Driver Apprentice

Sounds like a good learning opportunity....keep at it.

Posted:  11 months, 3 weeks ago

How do I handle hub rats?

Banks

This type of behavior exists in most every industry around. I am currently reading a new book, Call Sign Chaos by the Former Secretary of Defense and Retired General Mattis. Here is what he says, "you don't always control your circumstances, but you can always control your response". Don't give these other drivers or Hub Rats a second thought. Also, remember, those same people will continue to complain, and the more they make frivolous complaints, the less they will be believed.

Safe Travels.