Comments By Mike H.

https://cdn.truckingtruth.com/images/dusk.jpg avatar
  • Mike H.
  • Comments:

Roehl training school

Mike..that's to bad. Roehl has an excellent school. There are some states that will not accept there way of licensing. It was explained to us during our hiring process. Good luck in your pursuit of the license.

Yeah,it is too bad.

I was hoping to get in with them after reading the great reviews about them on here,but,it is what it is.

I'll go to a local CDL school and get my license.Not that big of a deal.

Roehl training school

I made an e-mail inquiry to Roehl about the possibility of joining their training school. The response:Thank you for your interest in RoehlTransport. Currently we are not offering CDL School Training to residents of your state. I e-mail back:Will you be accepting students at a later date,or is it a Massachussets issue? The response:There is a licensing issue with the state of MA,that we are not able to work with. If you choose to relocate in the future,please let us know.Otherwise we are taking CDL Graduates from other schools of 160Hours.

This won't affect my decision to become a truck driver,just wanted to let you guys know that if your from MA,you won't be able to go to Roehl CDL training school

RoadMaster Rookie @ Covenant

Looks like you're catching on very well.

==Love's Restrooms==

Always check for toilet paper before getting comfortable. For whatever reason, Love's doesn't keep up on its bathrooms the way TA, Petro, Pilot, and Flying J keep up on their restrooms.

^^^Best advice,EVER^^^

What's wrong with this photo?

More like a runaway bladder ramp...

What's REALLY missing in this picture is the placards the driver should have on display after eating those burritos for lunch! ;)

rofl-1.gif

Time for a change

Thanks for the warm welcome,David

I've read your thread about teaming up with your son.I wish I could do that with my father,but he's in his mid 70s now and he's had a few serious health issues in the last 5 years.

I don't know how often my wife will come with me,but she'll go at least once to see what it's like. I know she won't get her CDL due to bad vision at night.I'm hoping to do it for a couple of years ,then have her stop working and travel with me full time.

What's wrong with this photo?

It shows the keen awareness people have of their surroundings. Even if you had no idea it was a truck ramp, wouldn't you assume it's for something and you probably shouldn't park right there?

confused.gif

Common sense isn't common.

Time for a change

Mike, welcome aboard!

Glad to hear you've been benefiting from the site. Don't get too stressed over that HOS stuff, it will come, and you don't have to be an expert at it right now anyway. It's amazing how it starts to come together for you once you get on the road. The reality of dealing with the clocks and the schedules helps it all come clear as to how to make it all work for your benefit.

Glad you introduced yourself, and feel free to ask questions or join in on any discussions going on.

That's what I figured on the HOS part. It will click in when it counts on my paychek.

Time for a change

Welcome Mike! I am currently at Roehl's school in Marshfield WI and it is excellent. Everyone I have come in contact with is professional and truly wants the students to succeed. Any issues I may be experiencing has nothing to do with the instructors, just me not being able to fully execute what they are teaching me. You will learn a lot here so we are glad you joined us!

Good to hear from another happy student. Thanks for responding.

Time for a change

Hi everyone,I'm Mike

I'm 47 and have been in the collision repair industry for 25 years and I haven't enjoyed it the last 3-4 years. I still like working on cars,just don't want to do it for a living anymore.

Anyway,I'm going to stick it out for another year to set myself up financially,then I'm getting my CDL and hitting the road.

I have a wife that I love very much and no kids. We've talked about this at length since the beginning of summer,and she supports me 100%. She knows I'm miserable at work,and this is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

I'm leaning towards going to Rhoel after reading the good experience that WineTaster had there with his training. I'm soaking in all the information I can from this great site,I've read Brett's book and I'm doing the high road training. I was doing pretty good until I got to the HOS section.lol

I'll get my learners permit after the New Year.It will be good for 2 years. Also have a passport already.

Thanks for listening