You Tube Trucking Videos

Topic 3817 | Page 1

Page 1 of 5 Next Page Go To Page:
Gary A.'s Comment
member avatar

In my research of becoming a trucker, I came across several you tube vloggers that have provided daily videos showing the trucking lifestyle. Some have been doing it for years, others are just starting. I started with Trucker Josh, then checked out Jon and Jade (husband and wife) and just started following Allie Knight, new driver who's been driving about 5 months.cker Josh These folks have really helped in showing what is what...I was really apprehensive about trucking, seeing all the BAD videos, but following these folks daily gave me a realistic view of daily life as a trucker. Let me tell y'all, these folks are having a BLAST! They'll have you laughing and giggling..

Trucker Josh has been at it for quite a while, he and Diesel, his dog, have many followers, and he's a blast to watch...Jade and Jon do an excellent job of showing how they use their truck as a second home and how they manage everything from laundry to groceries, showers, etc. Allie is fairly new, but really sharp, she giggles quite a bit, and it's a joy to watch her drive..in one video, she talked about her trainer and the experience she had, which was very helpful..If y'all would like to check 'em out, here are links to their channels:

Trucker Josh

Allie Knight

The Jade and Jon show

OWI:

Operating While Intoxicated

no chin's Comment
member avatar

You should check out trainerjames and thelittleguytrucker.

PorkChop's Comment
member avatar

I'm a big fan of Indiana Jack and J Canell. Jack makes some very visually appealing videos and focuses mainly on the "adventure" side of trucking, while J Canell does a wide variety of trucking topics, including "tours" of the new trucks that he drives/delivers to various outfits.

JMHO

LittleJoe

Brett Aquila's Comment
member avatar

You guys.....this is exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about a few days ago when I asked if we should setup a video section here on TruckingTurth.

I've surfed YouTube for good quality trucking videos and that's a painful process. 95% of it isn't really helpful to anyone that wants to learn more about the industry, the job, and the lifestyle. But the other 5% is really great.

So send more ideas like these! I can setup a video section with different categories like:

- The trucking lifestyle

- The realities of the job

- backing videos

- shifting videos

- cooking in the truck

- electronics reviews

...all kinds of different categories. That way people don't have to endure the painful process of sifting through 27,000 YouTube videos. I can embed the good ones right here on TruckingTruth.

guyjax(Guy Hodges)'s Comment
member avatar

You guys.....this is exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about a few days ago when I asked if we should setup a video section here on TruckingTurth.

I've surfed YouTube for good quality trucking videos and that's a painful process. 95% of it isn't really helpful to anyone that wants to learn more about the industry, the job, and the lifestyle. But the other 5% is really great.

So send more ideas like these! I can setup a video section with different categories like:

- The trucking lifestyle

- The realities of the job

- backing videos

- shifting videos

- cooking in the truck

- electronics reviews

...all kinds of different categories. That way people don't have to endure the painful process of sifting through 27,000 YouTube videos. I can embed the good ones right here on TruckingTruth.

As long as you do not include that lazy slob of a trucker wannabe Abe under "- The realities of the job" listing I will be fine.

And no 'lazy slob' was not referring to his weight. I was talking about him strictly as the type of human trash that happens to slip into trucking sometimes and then gets weeded out.

no chin's Comment
member avatar

What about ridewithB. i used to love watching his videos but now all he does is ***** and complain about the job. he complains alot about being away from home and being in a lightwieght truck... i wanna slap him. try going on deployment for 6-9 months and all your living space is the size of the bunk alone in the navy.

Michael S.'s Comment
member avatar

Youtube has copies of a 70's (?) vintage film on shifting an Eaton Fuller 13 speed transmission. It's the manufacturers film, and in two parts.

Part One

Part Two

Meat H.'s Comment
member avatar

BigRigTalk is also pretty decent.I have thought about starting a vlog with my job delivering of food products.

SkyGuy's Comment
member avatar

Youtube has copies of a 70's (?) vintage film on shifting an Eaton Fuller 13 speed transmission. It's the manufacturers film, and in two parts.

Part One

Part Two

This is brilliant thank you!!

Tarren W.'s Comment
member avatar

What about ridewithB. i used to love watching his videos but now all he does is ***** and complain about the job. he complains alot about being away from home and being in a lightwieght truck... i wanna slap him. try going on deployment for 6-9 months and all your living space is the size of the bunk alone in the navy.

First of all NC, Thank you for your service! I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like. Second, I agree with you and Guy. I can't stand the negativity on YouTube, and like Brett said, having to sift through 27,000 videos like that idiot Abe, to finally find something informative or uplifting!

What ever happened to, "If you can't say something nice... Don't say anything at all" ?!?!?!?

That's what I'd like to know.

Tarren

Page 1 of 5 Next Page Go To Page:

New Reply:

New! Check out our help videos for a better understanding of our forum features

Bold
Italic
Underline
Quote
Photo
Link
Smiley
Links On TruckingTruth


example: TruckingTruth Homepage



example: https://www.truckingtruth.com
Submit
Cancel
Upload New Photo
Please enter a caption of one sentence or less:

Click on any of the buttons below to insert a link to that section of TruckingTruth:

Getting Started In Trucking High Road Training Program Company-Sponsored Training Programs Apply For Company-Sponsored Training Truck Driver's Career Guide Choosing A School Choosing A Company Truck Driving Schools Truck Driving Jobs Apply For Truck Driving Jobs DOT Physical Drug Testing Items To Pack Pre-Hire Letters CDL Practice Tests Trucking Company Reviews Brett's Book Leasing A Truck Pre-Trip Inspection Learn The Logbook Rules Sleep Apnea
Done
Done

0 characters so far - 5,500 maximum allowed.
Submit Preview

Preview:

Submit
Cancel

This topic has the following tags:

Entertainment Videos
Click on any of the buttons above to view topics with that tag, or you can view a list of all forum tags here.

Join Us!

We have an awesome set of tools that will help you understand the trucking industry and prepare for a great start to your trucking career. Not only that, but everything we offer here at TruckingTruth is 100% free - no strings attached! Sign up now and get instant access to our member's section:
High Road Training Program Logo
  • The High Road Training Program
  • The High Road Article Series
  • The Friendliest Trucker's Forum Ever!
  • Email Updates When New Articles Are Posted

Apply For Paid CDL Training Through TruckingTruth

Did you know you can fill out one quick form here on TruckingTruth and apply to several companies at once for paid CDL training? Seriously! The application only takes one minute. You will speak with recruiters today. There is no obligation whatsoever. Learn more and apply here:

Apply For Paid CDL Training

About Us

TruckingTruth was founded by Brett Aquila (that's me!), a 15 year truck driving veteran, in January 2007. After 15 years on the road I wanted to help people understand the trucking industry and everything that came with the career and lifestyle of an over the road trucker. We'll help you make the right choices and prepare for a great start to your trucking career.

Read More

Becoming A Truck Driver

Becoming A Truck Driver is a dream we've all pondered at some point in our lives. We've all wondered if the adventure and challenges of life on the open road would suit us better than the ordinary day to day lives we've always known. At TruckingTruth we'll help you decide if trucking is right for you and help you get your career off to a great start.

Learn More