What Kind Of Truck Do You Drive?

Topic 3834 | Page 1

Page 1 of 2 Next Page Go To Page:
John B.'s Comment
member avatar

I think it would be interesting if people posted what kind of truck they drive and post a picture of it if they want too.

I haven't started CDL school yet, therefore, I don't work for a company and have a truck. Whenever I get my truck I'll post it!


Commercial Driver's License (CDL)

A CDL is required to drive any of the following vehicles:

  • Any combination of vehicles with a gross combined weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, providing the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of the vehicle being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
  • Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing another not in excess of 10,000 pounds.
  • Any vehicle, regardless of size, designed to transport 16 or more persons, including the driver.
  • Any vehicle required by federal regulations to be placarded while transporting hazardous materials.
Ray F. (aka. Mongo)'s Comment
member avatar

Take a look at my profile pic. I drive a 2012 Freightliner light weight. For more info on a lw. Look for a post by Daniel b. He covered it very well when he had his.

Old School's Comment
member avatar

I think you'll find most people on here will be driving Freightliner Cascadias with a DD15 engine similar to mine shown here on the frozen tundra of Michigan. This just seems to be a very popular truck with large carriers right now for it's cost effectiveness. There will be exceptions, but these are very common.

Freightliner flatbed hauling in the snow in Michigan

Bart's Comment
member avatar

Old school is right. Lots of freighters out there. I have been at this only about six months and have driven a freight a kenworth a international prostar and I am now in a volvo. All good trucks with their own personality. I really do enjoy the way my volvo drives tho. Easy to back and maneuver in tight spots. Sometimes I will try to do an informal survey on the highway to see how many of what types I see in say ten miles. Not very scientific but it helps the miles roll by. Never seem to be able to complete one. Driving always takes top priority. Good luck and be safe Barf

Bart's Comment
member avatar

Sorry. Meant to sign off as Bart. Barf is my brother!

Flatwater 's Comment
member avatar

Here's my new buggy, a 2014 Volvo 430. It has a 455hp Volvo engine and a 12 speed Volvo I-Shift automatic transmission. I picked it up three weeks ago with 73 miles on the ticker and parked this afternoon with 9887.

NSG 2014 Volvo truck <span class= covered wagon tractor-trailer" title="NSG 2014 Volvo truck covered wagon tractor trailer" class="forumImage">

Covered Wagon:

A flatbed with specially fitted side plates and curved ribs supporting a tarp covering, commonly referred to as a "side kit". Named for the resemblance to horse-drawn covered wagons.

Daniel B.'s Comment
member avatar

Flatwater, slow those wheels down you're going to break it racking up those miles that quickly! smile.gif

Like Old School said, most of us drive Freightliners. I drive a 2014 Freightliner Evolution, got it with 54K miles on it.

Its on my profile picture.


Hours Of Service

HOS refers to the logbook hours of service regulations.
Meltonfloyd's Comment
member avatar

Sitting for 10hr break in Chama NM. I'm a week in training with a KW660.

BugSmasherOne (Paul K.)'s Comment
member avatar

SAPA 2014 Volvo and undercover flatbed

My 2014 Volvo and "undercover" flatbed.


Substance Abuse Professional

The Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) is a person who evaluates employees who have violated a DOT drug and alcohol program regulation and makes recommendations concerning education, treatment, follow-up testing, and aftercare.

Kiwi303's Comment
member avatar

I hope to be a able to post something here soon.

two job interviews tomorrow, I got my Class 2 last week.

I'll be driving a rigid truck under 18 tons. As experience and time on the seat allows I will be getting my Class 4, rigid truck of over 18 tons, later yet with more experience I can then get my Class 5, 5th wheel or truck n trailer units.

Graduated commercial drivers licence here, much like Lerner, Restricted and Full for the Class 1 car licence. You can't just go from Car to 5th wheel rigs in one step.

Page 1 of 2 Next Page Go To Page:

New Reply:

New! Check out our help videos for a better understanding of our forum features

Links On TruckingTruth

example: TruckingTruth Homepage

example: https://www.truckingtruth.com
Upload New Photo
Please enter a caption of one sentence or less:

Click on any of the buttons below to insert a link to that section of TruckingTruth:

Getting Started In Trucking High Road Training Program Company-Sponsored Training Programs Apply For Company-Sponsored Training Truck Driver's Career Guide Choosing A School Choosing A Company Truck Driving Schools Truck Driving Jobs Apply For Truck Driving Jobs DOT Physical Drug Testing Items To Pack Pre-Hire Letters CDL Practice Tests Trucking Company Reviews Brett's Book Leasing A Truck Pre-Trip Inspection Learn The Logbook Rules Sleep Apnea

0 characters so far - 5,500 maximum allowed.
Submit Preview



Why Join Trucking Truth?

We have an awesome set of tools that will help you understand the trucking industry and prepare for a great start to your trucking career. Not only that, but everything we offer here at TruckingTruth is 100% free - no strings attached! Sign up now and get instant access to our member's section:
High Road Training Program Logo
  • The High Road Training Program
  • The High Road Article Series
  • The Friendliest Trucker's Forum Ever!
  • Email Updates When New Articles Are Posted

Apply For Paid CDL Training Through TruckingTruth

Did you know you can fill out one quick form here on TruckingTruth and apply to several companies at once for paid CDL training? Seriously! The application only takes one minute. You will speak with recruiters today. There is no obligation whatsoever. Learn more and apply here:

Apply For Paid CDL Training