Note: Your are not logged in. We can not keep your scores or track your progress unless you Register and Log In
Inspection A Coach/Transit Bus
- Check that entry doors operate smoothly and close securely from the inside.
- Check that hand rails are secure and, if equipped, that the step light(s) are working.
- Check that the entry steps are clear, with the treads not loose or worn excessively.
- If equipped with a handicap lift, look for any leaking, damaged or missing part, and explain how it should be checked for correct operation.
- Lift should be fully retracted and latched securely.
- Make sure that all emergency exits are not damaged, operate smoothly and close securely from the inside.
- Check that any emergency exit warning devices are working.
- Look for broken seat frames and check that seat frames are firmly attached to the floor.
- Check that seat cushions are attached securely to the seat frames.
- Check that entry/exit doors are not damaged and operate smoothly from the outside. Hinges should be secure with seals intact.
- Make sure that the passenger exit mirrors and all external mirrors and mirror brackets are not damaged and are mounted securely with no loose fittings.
External Inspection of Coach/Transit Bus
- See that the vehicle is sitting level (front and rear) and, if air-equipped, check for audible air leaks from the suspension system.
- See that fuel tank(s) are secure with no leaks from tank(s) or lines.
- Check that baggage and all other exterior compartment doors are not damaged, operate properly and latch securely.
- Wherever located, see that battery(s) are secure, connections are tight and cell caps are present.
- Battery connections should not show signs of excessive corrosion.
- Check that battery box and cover or door is not damaged and is secure.